BLUtag GPS Ankle Monitor Review
The BLUtag Difference
The electronic monitoring industry is littered with lookalike, cookie-cutter GPS products that are largely thinly veiled copies of the products created by their competitors. As the inventors of BLUtag, the industry’s first one-piece GPS tracking device, Securus Monitoring Solutions has never focused on keeping up with the competition. Instead, we focus on creating products like BLUtag that provide solutions to the challenges faced by law enforcement and community corrections agencies:
Keeping Devices Properly Charged | Gaps in Cellular Coverage | False Tamper Overload
Arguably, keeping an electronic monitoring device properly charged is the most critical element to successfully monitoring an individual. Like all manufacturers in the electronic monitoring industry, we don’t make batteries. And rather than making outrageous claims about how long “our” battery lasts, we spend our time developing ways to make it easier for enrollees to keep our devices properly charged:
- Mulitple Low-Battery Notifications
- BLUtag provides the supervising agent and the enrollee with multiple low-battery notifications that begin when the device has 10 hours of battery life remaining and continue at specific intervals until the device loses power. This provides the enrollee with ample warning to recharge the device.
- Simplified Charging Cable
Our rugged yet elegantly simple to use mechanical + magnetic charging cable that makes it easy for enrollees to reliably connect it to a BLUtag device—every single time. This will dramatically increase the likelihood of an enrollee keeping their BLUtag properly charged.
- Simplified Mobile Charging
We offer a small, lightweight and easy to use mobile charger that can extend a BLUtag’s normal battery life of 50+ hours from a single charge to 75+ hours. That’s 3 days of battery life in the unlikely event that an enrollee cannot get to an AC outlet.
State-of-the-Art One-Piece GPS Tracking Solution
Small, durable, easy to recharge, with the most advanced tamper detection systems available, BLUtag represents the latest evolution of GPS tracking devices and is the most advanced and reliable GPS electronic monitoring device Securus Monitoring Solutions has ever created.
With its state-of-the-art GPS receiver, BLUtag provides unparalleled location accuracy plus the ability to communicate over dual 4G cellular networks for reliable nationwide coverage. Tracking data from BLUtag is received by our 24/7/365 Monitoring Solutions Center via VeriTracks, our secure web-based electronic monitoring platform.
What’s more, BLUtag is designed to seamlessly integrate with our BLUbox and BLUhome RF solutions to effectively and efficiently monitor enrollees in home confinement programs.
In addition, BLUtag offers these features and benefits:
- Built-in, propiretary anti-jamming and shielding technology ensures BLUtagcan receive GPS signals whenever they are available
- On-board memory stores GPS locations and event data
- BLUtaguses audio, vibration and LED alert notifications
- 50+ hours of battery life from a single charge
75+ hours when using mobile charging device
- Customizable reporting alerts that include:
- Zone Alerts
- Tamper Alerts
- Low-battery Alert
- Rugged, injection-molded case with internal photo-optic sensor